In December 2014, God pressed on my heart an idea that would take a year-long commitment and some serious sleuthing. And now, 253 posts and over a year later, the project is done! That project was Create-A-Day: your daily dose of creativity! A play on One-A-Day® Vitamins, the idea was to refill, replenish and renew your creative soul. My goal was to provide you, the creative Christian, with resources to help develop ARTistry, CREATivity & your capacity for BEaUty.
Over the course of the year, I connected with some amazing folks doing creative ministry in many different ways and places around the world. In connection and conversation, I learned that there is a movement of artists and creatives on the leading edge of what many believe will be the next Great Awakening, as artists rise up to take their place to reveal God’s glory on this earth. Will you join those artists and creatives in making his praise glorious? Follow the Spirit’s leading in your life and reveal Christ through the BEaUty you create!!
If you’ve enjoyed Create-A-Day, be sure to like me on Facebook as I will be using that as my main platform for sharing resources of ARTistry, CREATivity, and BEaUty in the future.
In case you missed the excitement, here’s the Create-A-Day 2015 year in review:
- ADVENTure Prayer Walk: Advent devotional series
- Art Journaling series
- Why the Church Needs Art video series from Scott Erickson
- “7” Virtual Art Walk: Last Words of Christ in Poetry, Art & Song Lenten series with Matt Durbin & Sarah Wells
- Readers also enjoyed our book focus, which ran mid-September through October, with Praying in Color by Sybil MacBeth, Let the Bones Dance by Marcia Mount Shoop and Books for Worship Dance garnering the most attention.
Top 20 individual posts:
- Vonda Drees Art Journaling
- Advent Illustrated
- Gift ideas for Art Journalers
- Color a Prayer
- Visual Prayer with God
- 52 Weeks of Prophetic Art with Grace Bailey
- Walk Thru the Lord’s Prayer
- Beautiful Dance to Oceans
- Priestly Art
- How Education Kills Creativity
- Illustrate a Sermon Through Dance
- Down to the River Dance
- Imaginare Creative Arts
- Powerful Drummer Boy Dance
- Brene Brown on Creativity
- Why Advent is Important to Artists
- The Bible on Creativity & the Arts
- Redemptive Art
- Dance of the Trinity
- Dancing In Your Calling
If you’d like to explore resources from the past year, I’ve grouped them so you can explore by category:
- Books, Blogs & Pages
- Dance & Embodied Prayer
- Drama, Theatre & Film
- Music & Worship
- Prayer & Inspiration
- Visual & Fine Art
- Writing, Poetry & Journaling
Or you can simply click here and work your way down through wonderful plethora of creative resources! I hope you’ve enjoyed our year of creativity. If you find any dead links, comment and let me know so I can keep these resources as current as possible. Don’t forget to visit again and please use these resources for your church or ministry.
And don’t forget: Make His praise GLORIOUS!!
Blessings of ARTistry, CREATivity & BEaUty, Jody
4 thoughts on “Create-A-Day: your daily dose of creativity — Year in Review”
Again, a note of gratitude for your commitment to this creative endeavor, Jody! I’ve been blessed greatly through your blog.
As I have been through yours. God is so incredibly good!!
Thank you for blessing all of us and creating new connections through this magnificent project!
Blessings my friend!!